Sunday, November 23, 2008

Princess Pookie's Social Calendar

Welcome to the land of "Please Mommy please?!" I broke down this weekend princesses. After dragging my son all over the mall on Saturday night, I let him drag me into the world of Build a Bear. Between the guilt of an exhausted 6 yr old and the promise of "but mom I'll help pay with the money in my piggy bank and clean my room everyday", he sucked me in. And well...we ended up with a turkey that really gobbles. And his name...drum roll please..."Gobble". Original eh? A turkey? It's called Build a BEAR not build a stupid stuffed creature for every possible occasion known to man and have 50 thousand outfits, shoes, accessories, etc. to spend even more money on. (However, I must admit the girly shoes are pretty cute.) So here is the newest member of our stuffed animal collection~ Gobble. Did I mention I hate stuffed animals?

Making a wish. We wished for no one to go hungry on Thanksgiving.


Giving a bath.
Naming the stuffed turkey (what an ordeal!)


Welcome home Gobble. In about 3 days it's off the the dust collecting pile for you. Sorry dude, it's rough in the world of toys.

What Else?
We also went out for a special dinner. Kels could have cared less about where we ate but I really wanted to go here thinking it might be a special experience for the two of us. Who am I kidding? McDonald's would have been faster, cheaper, and certainly more enjoyable for Kels. As parents why do we waste so much time exposing our children to the finer things in life? "Finer" to a 6yr old means spaghetti dinner instead of PBJ!

We are professional chopstick users in our family. Classy! Hey, I could have stuck them up my nose. Then I would have been an extra cool mom!
And for the grand finale'...

The "Ring of "Fire" (By the way...we ate at SAKURA. They cook the food at your table.)

Lulu came up with a new fashion fad this weekend. The waistband. How do you achieve this look? Get yourself a 19 in. waist and adorn it with as many headbands as will fit. Stylish!

Princess Pookie's Featured Weekend Outfit

In the mood for some ASIAN flare? My Komono-ish dress/shirt thingy. How's that for a description? Leggings, turquoise Seychelle wedge shoes and my GIGANTIC flower. How's that for a statement?
Love these SHOES! Colorful & Comfy.
I told you it was Gigantic! Wet Seal $5.00~it's a detachable pin. Crazy fun flowers. Gotta get yourself one!

Topped it off with THREE crazy bangles.

How can you take dazzling to BEDAZZLING? Accessories my princesses...ACCESSORIES! And a great pair of shoes doesn't hurt either! TAKE NOTE: To all you princesses out there who think you're too old for teeny bopper stores like Wet Seal and Forever 21, make it a pit stop anyway. They have super affordable trendy cool accessories for all ages! If you're really that uncomfortable, tell them you're shopping for your daughter. They don't need to know you only have sons!:)

FYI: Thanksgiving is in 3 days? Have you made your pumpkin pies? Thank goodness for Marie Calendars. Did you know that I don't like pumpkin pie? Yep, crazy. Who doesn't like pumpkin pie? I'd rather eat another home-made roll than a piece of pie.

See ya tomorrow for another TRENDY TUESDAY!

4 comments:

  1. I love, love, love those shoes!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DETEST stuffed animals too!! I thought I was the only mom against them...glad to know I am not alone. I can't believe how grown up Kels looks. He is such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got suckered into BABW 2 Christmases ago. My midgets begged and begged... I finally broke down. (I'm spineless. I can admit it.) I told them we could do it but they COULD NOT have them before Christmas, their "bears" would have to sit in their boxes under the tree for a month. Aarika did a pink pig in a purple sparkly tutu (she has great taste) and Caleb chose a green turtle that he dressed up in a Santa suit, thus making his lil reptile buddy look like the Grinch. I had to admit, begrudgingly, they turned out very cute. *sigh*

    I just pitched some stuffed toys a week ago. It was exhilarating. Still... the freakin' pet-net remains busting at the seams.

    RE: dinner dates with munchkins. It's not a "classy" restaurant to a kid unless you get a toy with your meal. I have resolved to appreciate that they haven't gotten really expensive yet. And I can bring a book with me - if I can concentrate beyond the din of the playplace.

    Hey, Aarika used to wear The Waistband. Warning: The Waistband is not nearly as flexible as it appears. She learned how to say, I'm sorry for breaking your headband, mommy" during the time she was sporting said fashion statement. I'm glad they're cheap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this blog! I think that will be a header for all comments in the future ;-)

    So- hate pumpkin pie aka nasty crap!

    Why in the world would someone smash up a pumpkin and call it dessert? Why!?!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete