Thursday, June 20, 2013

Praises

Self Portrait

My children have been taking art classes this summer and they have been bringing home all sorts of masterpieces that I absolutely adore. Children's artwork truly brings happiness to my soul!  Anyway, like any good mother after each class I carefully exam their work and give them all sorts of positive feedback and praise for a job well done. 
Well, yesterday was different story.
When class was over Kels climbed into the car and showed me this (pic above).
I looked at his work, paused for a moment not knowing how to comment, and then laughed. I laughed so hard I started to cry. What decent mother in her right mind laughs at her child's masterpiece? It was those teeth I tell ya. Okay and maybe the misshapen head.
You know, sometimes our kids don't always produce out-of-this-world amazing stuff. And that's ok.
It's all part of discovering what their real talents are. 
 We now know that Kelson will not be making millions creating self portraits.

Enjoy your day!
Apologies for the limited posting. It's summer around here....we're playing!
And this song needs to be part of your summer playlist!
Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke




 P.S. For the record, once I started laughing Kels joined right in.



No comments:

Post a Comment