Friday, January 31, 2014

What's In A Word


Last night I had a group of (new) friends over and we created inspiration boards. Mine turned out NOTHING like I had originally planned out in my mind but, this was the end result. For those of you who know me you know I don't believe in New Years resolutions. However, I always think it's a good idea to step back from time to time and evaluate life. So, I kept it simple and went with the one word trend. Discipline. I don't mean discipline in a meanie pants sort of way, but more in like a gain control sort of way. Like maybe in a buy less shoes sort of way. (Yep, I just said it and will probably regret it!) As we close out this first month in 2014 I hope you have had chance to dream about what you might need in your life. Why? Because unfortunately nobody's perfect. 

Enjoy your weekend!

P.S. Other things that I had intended to include on my inspiration board.

What the above means to me:
1. Be a student again. 2. Keep inviting. 3. Be original.
1. Paint again. 2. self explanitory 3.Save for pool.
1. Only buy what you LOVE. 2. Explore. 3. Bike with hubs.

Note: I used a 12x12 canvas and a few paint stripes (easy!) to create my word inspiration board and picmonkey to create my collage inspiration board.This is a really fun GNO!

1 comment:

  1. Literally laughed when I read "Like maybe in a buy less shoes sort of way." Best of luck my friend.....
    Peeps

    ReplyDelete