Thursday, October 23, 2008

FFF! (Fabulous Fashion Friday)

MUSTARD! People either love it or hate it. Me...I'm definately a mustard girl. Both for eating and for wearing...the color that is. You can't step into a fashion hot spot these days without running in to the color of mustard yellow.

How To Wear Mustard:
To be frank (no pun intended), I don't think there are many people out there who can pull off a solid mustard yellow top. As for trousers, in my opinion, mustard yellow screams "check out my big butt". So, I recommend keeping the condiment color to your accessories-shoes, handbags, jewels, etc. For you conservatives out there, I need you to trust me when I tell you mustard yellow is a fairly versitle color! Really! HERE , HERE, and HERE are all great colors to wear with mustard. With a simple click of the mouse HERE, HERE, or HERE a snazzy pair of cozy yellows could be yours today. Do NOT wear mustard yellow with pastels. Keep to the "jewel" tones (wine, teal, deep purple,etc.) and you'll be a master mustard diva!
Here's how to justify buying something mustard yellow to your husband:
"But Sugar Lips, it's the perfect color to wear to the game. If I get too excited while cheering and smoosh mustard down the front of me, no one will ever notice. And...if I wasn't wearing yellow, we'd probably have to leave the game early darn it!"


This fashion statement came from Target last season. $40! If I'm ever feeling bad about myself this is the coat to wear. I get TONS of compliments on this silly thing!


Yes, I have not only one but two pairs of yellow shoes. I tell ya, they match more than you can imangine. Plus we're looking at two completely different styles of shoes here!



And...introducing you to one of my favorite yellow accessories...

Yes my friends...this is a gigantic butterfly attached to my headband. LOVE this thing! Too flamboyant? I don't really care what you think so there!

Can I wear mustard yellow with black?


Yes! But in moderation! (yellow shoes and bracelet)

Do you prefer dijon or regular?

Homework: Open your eyes this weekend to the color of mustard. You'll never know if don't try it just once!

Have a happy fabulous Friday and...shop on!

3 comments:

  1. I love all three of those pairs of shoes from Target. I might have to get some this weekend...rumor has it the hubs is taking me shopping for my birthday. After my massage of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a picture of you pretending to be a hotdog. Of Course you like mustard! I like regular mustard, not to crazy about dijon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crack me up girl!!! I've SO enjoyed reading your Princess Pookie blog. How fun! You make the perfect fashion expert, and I've been in need of some help. Perhaps I shall try a little dijon soon. :)

    cute, cute, cute.

    ReplyDelete