Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Anything For a Good Haircut!

Any princess knows that nothing can get in the way of a good haircut--not even an ovary! Especially when you've been waiting weeks for your appointment! It was Pookie Bears (Lulu's) first haircut today. All that baby fly stuff is gone-yipee-and now she's got style! Thank you Julie. You've got "mad" kid cut skills! Ta Da! Isn't my princess adorable??



Check THIS out! The other night a commercial came on for this product and I literally started laughing out loud. I was waiting for the "just kidding this is a joke" part of the ad to come on. It never did so of course I had to check it out on-line. Big Happie Hair presents BUMPITS. Yep, it's real! In my opinion this gadget falls into the same category as the spray on hair for balding men! Slightly clever but it totally doesn't work. This should have be invented about 10yrs ago. Never fear you back-combers out there, this product saves your day!

What hair dos are hot for the season? Long or short? Straight or curly. I've decided that whatever the current "hair" trend is...my hair is the EXACT opposite. I've also accepted the fact that life is just full of "bad hair days". (Unless you have a personal stylist on hand at all times. Hmm...that's right up there with a personal chef.) Have you ever left a salon with haircut remorse? If the answer is yes, then it's okay to go back in a couple days and try for round two. If your stylist loves you, then he or she will make some adjustments free of charge. You just have to be the brave one to phone in for a redo.
TREND ALERT...It's back! Welcome to pixie land. I think this type of hairstyle is adorable but I'm just not brave enough to take the hair chopping plunge. Not yet anyway!
LOVING the flirty braids! Like a garland headdress, a single braid woven across the top of the head is soooo romantic. Moreover, it's a brilliant alternative to hair clips for keeping hair off your face! Braids are the perfect match with this season's jeweled tones. Let's have a braiding party. Not-so-cool braids: The ones you get while vacationing in Jamaica. If you feel like this is a must, at least spare us the color coordinated beads!
Salon Etiquette: Call to cancel if you can't make your appointment, watch the gossip in the chair and yes, your stylist expects you to tip! However, if your stylist is annoyed that you don't buy the recommended products...find a new stylist!

How far would you drive for a haircut?

Wishing you a happy hair day!
P.S. Princess Rachel purchased the "Biviel" boots. Congrats on your purchase. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Love the hair tips. I use to drive from Salt Lake to Tremonton for my haircut every 6 weeks. For those of you who don't know, that's about an hour and 20 minute drive. It was well worth it. Now my stylist is right up the street!

    I will always have short hair. I've tried to grow it out, but I love the short. I've never done pixie short, but it's short enough to have a "spike" right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. I did it. I clicked on the "Bumpits" link. And I think I saw Amy Winehouse on there.... *cringe*

    (I just had maintainence done on my formerly-worn-by-Posh-Spice haircut last week. No need for freaky hair utinsels... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could never do a pixie - although I did just borrow my friends wig she got for halloween that was very short and blond, and Brian thought I really had cut it. It was a good joke. For now It is staying long! Thanks for the braiding picture. I haven't done one that Chunky yet, I have just been doing a small one.

    ReplyDelete