Friday, October 17, 2008

Princess Pookie's Social Calendar

Guess what Prince Charming got me for my birthday?






JUST KIDDING!

You were about ready to be jealous weren't you? My hubby knows that a convertible RED beetle is the perfect car for me and my sassy personality. However, he also knows that not-so-nice words would come out of my mouth every time I had to load and seat belt two children in car seats into the back of one of these two door automobiles. So, knowing how much I want one of these cuties, he teased me by taking me out for a test drive for my birthday. Maybe in a couple years one of these will be sitting in my driveway for my b-day (hint hint). My hubby does an amazing job taking care of his Princess Pookie for special occasions. A couple months ago when he asked me what I wanted for my birthday, as kindly and as lovingly as I could, I told him I wanted him and the children to leave--for 24hrs. that is. (However, I could have gone 48 hrs.!) So, that's exactly what he did. Yes Princesses, I had the luxury of doing what ever the heck I wanted to for 24hrs. What did I do? Well that's just none of your bees wax!!:) I will tell you though that as I was flipping through the channels I caught a glimpse of Dr. 90210. Hmm...I know a Princess with boobies the size of peanut M&M's that fly South year round. I wonder what kind of miracle they could whip up on me...I mean her?!


Along with the priceless gift of aloness, Prince Charming gave me...
Gerber Daisy's AND Tulips!

My two favorite types of flowers.

A gift certificate for a pedi.
AND
An amazing dinner for TWO at Ravenous. (Sorry no pic. I'll spare you the PDA.) I highly recommend this restaurant. It was quaint, decently priced and most importantly yummy to the tummy!
AND
Last but certainly not least...


The ultimate Princess Pookie birthday cake-German Chocolate-home-made by my one and only incredible, babe-0-licious, gorgeous, Prince Charming. This cake is freakin awesome! Don't you wish you had my Prince? Sorry, he's not for sale. Not today anyway!:)

Here's a peek at the birthday fashion trends I swept up for myself.


Jeans from H&M, "non-cheap looking boots that were a cheap" from Nordstrom Rack (score!) and a hat and knee socks from one of my all-time favorite stores, Anthropologie. I really wanted to buy THIS, THIS, THIS and THIS at Athropologie as well but the birthday budget just wouldn't allow. Darn! What can I say...I had a fabulouso weekend. Just me, myself and I!

How old did Princess Pookie turn this year? 39--don't I look great for my age?

What's Princess Pookie's secret to looking young? You tell people you are older than you really are! Genius! None of this "29" stuff for me.

P.S. Hint: I was born in 1976. You do the math!:)

Be sure to check back to see what's in store for "Trendy Tuesday".

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Jo Dee!! Sounds wonderful. I spent my birthday money too and bought the Bievel boots...I'll send a pic soon. Love them! They didn't have the Miz Mooz in my size and I was too anxious to get boots. Loved them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh...btw....my boot shopping was my first trip to your newly remodeled "home"....very nice!! Had lots of fun exploring all the fancies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy belated b-day! haven't had a computer to check blogs lately so i'm a bit behind & obviously need to update ours...anyway sounds like a good time! would love to see ya again & let the boys play with kelson since we don't get to have you in puyallup anymore!

    ReplyDelete