Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What Matters Most?

Fashion Smashion is the mood of the day. Is it important for us to feel great about who we are? Yes. Is it okay to spend money now and again on yourself? Of course! However, at the end of the day what really matters most? These last couple weeks I have been given the opportunity to reflect on "life situations" in general. And my conclusion...life sucks...bottom line! Okay so not all the time. But even with the faith and spiritual knowledge that I have, I still struggle to understand how God so-called chooses what trials we will have to endure in this life.

My heart is currently aching and continues to remain unhealed for one of my princess girlfriends in need. She has been sitting in the hospital, literally, for the last (almost) four months watching her precious baby girl fight for her life. As a mother, I can only imagine the the agony, frustration, hurt, anger, pain, confusion, etc. running through every single vein in her body. All she wants is to take her little bundle home. That's it. But knowing that is not a reality, she has chosen (kicking and screaming mind you) to turn it over to our Father in Heaven. What strength one must have to willing throw their hands up in the air and say, "Okay God...now what?" Life isn't always fair. (As my mother still likes to remind me!) I truly believe that the lessons given to us are ours to own even if we don't understand the why. They make us stronger. They open up our eyes to things we don't see. And in the end, sometime, somehow, somewhere, they make us better human beings.

Meem...I have no idea why you. But what I know for sure is Mia is the luckiest princess alive to have you as her Mommy. I also know that all the sorry's in the world will not make things better but you and your incredible faith have certainly influenced an army. Thank you!

Princess Mimi and Princess Baby Mia

I know most of you reading this don't know who Mimi and Mia are. But to those of you reading this post I encourage you to take a moment to go HERE and get to know these amazing princesses better. It will absolutely change you.

So princesses, the question for you today is...What matters most to you? I know it's not your Coach handbag or Juicy Couture hoodie that cost you a fortune -;) wink!

No comments:

Post a Comment