Thursday, February 12, 2009

It's FFF (Fabulous Fashion Friday)

K.I.S.S.
(Keep It Simple Sista)


Be sure to wear the color RED this weekend.
Happy Valentine's Day!

xoxo
Mrs. Princess Pookie
My Mama's Sugar Cookie Recipe:
3/4 c. shortening
1/4 c. butter
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. lemon flavoring (secret ingredient!)
1 tsp. baking powder
3 c. flour
Cream shortening, butter, sugar. Add eggs, mix. Add vanilla & lemon flavoring, mix.
Add baking powder. Then add flour 1 c. at a time.
Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 min. Do not over bake!
Frost with a basic buttercream frosting, royal icing or cream cheese frosting.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you guys have a great weekend! Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man... and I thought you were gonna leave us all hanging w/o the recipe. :)

    We are having Valentine's Day today instead of tomorrow (kids will be gone tomorrow). I have already gotten my Valentine's from my kids:

    Caleb: he opened his little heart box of chocolates this morning. I told him he could eat ONE chocolate before school. After he ate his chocolate, he came in to where I was getting ready for work. He presented his box of chocolates to me and said, "Mom...? I want YOU to have one of my chocolates." Awww.... :)

    Aarika: I was driving to the carwash to wash my filthy car. When I hopped out of my car, I noticed on Aarika's door a heart traced into the dirt, and inside it the words, "I luv you". Aarika said she did it, she said, "I thought you would be mad but I decided 'oh well' and did it anyway." lol Now tell me, how can I was that off??? Ok, I CAN wash it off, but I did take a picture first. :D

    Tonight we are going to dinner at Red Robin then a movie after with my two sweethearts.

    ReplyDelete