Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Lemon Perfection


The BEST lemon bars ever!

When it comes to cooking I'm not "known" for very many delicious eats. ( I HATE to cook!) BUT, when it comes to lemon bars, mine ROCK the world~at least that's what my peeps tell me~THANKS! They are so easy breezy to make. If you like lemon tartness, pucker up baby cuz you will be able to eat the whole pan!

Jo Dee's (that's me) Famous Lemon Bars
Crust:
1/2 c. soft butter
1/4 c. powder sugar
1 c. flour
Cream together above ingredients. Spread in 9x9 square pan and bake at 325 degrees for 15-20min. (Tip: Crust doesn't really brown. Be careful not to overbake!)
2 eggs
1 c. sugar
2 T. flour
3 T. lemon juice
1 finely grated lemon rind
Mix together and pour over crust. Bake at 325 degrees for 18-20 min. Sprinkle with powder sugar.
(Note: Every time I try to double this recipe it NEVER turns out!)
ENJOY!
P.S. These are fat full...not fat free!:)

A few fun YELLOWS for you...

Waking up in THESE sheets will certainly add a little sunshine to your day.
THESE baby lemon flats will add pep to your step.
You certainly won't look like a banana in THIS swimsuit!
Is the SUN shining in your part of the world today?
"Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine."
~Anthony J. D'Angelo

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I can taste them right now! You know it has been all the way since November the last time I had these, but I'm sure they taste MUCH better when you make them!! (hint hint)

    Yellow toady huh? I am working on adding yellow to my wardrobe. You see, you have this beautiful dark hair and nice skin that supports any yellow...I, on the other hand, have transparent skin and not really a real color hair that I have to be very careful with yellow or I will LOOK yellow!! Oh well, I try it anyway! I hope you had a great time at the mall, sniff sniff, wish I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever since I lost my recipe box, I have been looking for a yummy lemon bars recipe. And I think yours is going to be it! --They sound delicious.
    Also, those "little Miss and Mr." books are my all time favorite books. I love who you can read them and ususally think of a person that they represent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy, i just made them, because I am desperate for more sugar in the house. I think the whole pan may be gone before Jarom even gets home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those lemon bars look like job security for you, babe. ;) Hee hee!

    I had a butter yellow kitchen once. Loved it! Overseas our kitchen was a vibrant yellow. It was a smidge bright for my taste, but it was impossible to be crabby surrounded by all that yellow. I bought a yellow tee last week, I don't usually look that great in yellow, but I bought it to go under some scrubs and it was just right. :)

    ReplyDelete