Sunday, March 15, 2009

Princess Pookie's Social Calendar

And.....Welcome To MONDAY
I started the weekend off (Friday) with a trip to Sephora~with kids in tow mind you...not fabulous but tolerable! I had to bribe them to behave with dinner at Rain Forest Cafe. (I was flying solo, my prince had to work late.) I don't favor the food at that restaurant (yucky)but there's something about it that makes me feel like I'm on vacation.


While in Sephora I discovered THIS tarte cheek stain. It is sooo fresh and cute. I loved it so much I snatched one up for myself. It's the PERFECT tint for the cheeks for spring. A little pinky color with a tad of shimmer...yummy yum. I think it's going to make my top 5 cosmetic list. I'll let you know for sure in about a week!:D

Nonfat Soy Half Caff (OPI fingernail polish name) is another little goodie I picked up for myself. It's just a hint of natural color. My son's comment..."It doesn't look like anything mom." To me, that's a good thing, to him...what's the point?

Good news for you shorties out there. 7 for all Mankind has started making their jeans in "short". I tried THESE on at Nords. Yipee...now you don't have to cut seven inches off to make them fit. Or take home and wash in hot water 10 times to make them shrink. For me these are the perfect jeans to wear with summer flats and flip flops however, me at 5' 4" in heels, they were a tad shortish...I think? I couldn't fully make up my mind.

We hit the REDbox again. I bet we haven't rented a movie in over a year and now all of a sudden that's TWO weekend's in a row for us. Heck, it's cheap entertainment!

AND...besides a BAD trip to the tanning salon in which I'm choosing not to comment on (click HERE and you'll understand~seves me right for fake baking), church cancellation due to the snow (whatever 1/2 inch of snow) and a kitchen being out of all the staples (bread, butter and almost milk!) that pretty much sums up our adventurous weekend.

R U ready for St. Patty's?
What is St. Patrick's day about anyway? Click HERE for a little history lesson. My family will be visited by a pesky little leprechaun who tints our toilet water and milk green and leaves behind silly green shoes filled with little goodies. I wonder if he'll leave gold coins and Lucky Charms this year? Great Harvest Bread makes tasty soda bread and I usually purchase Costco corned beef. We tolerate it, for one day of the year anyway~it's really not THAT bad!:)


Do you have any GREEN day traditions?
Have a happy-go-LUCKY Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Oh geez, you're so good at creating silly little traditions on all the weird holidays. Or even not so weird. Little Leprachaun treats eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just do the whole wearing 'o the green thing. This year my kids both have a field trip to the swimming pool for school. Caleb was all concerned that his swim trunks don't have green on them, so I drew a green shamrock on his arm like a tattoo in permanent marker, so he's covered. Aarika does have green on her swim suit, but she begged for a shamrock too. We've done the whole green eggs and ham bit before... But I think I'm gonna be a Scrooge this year and skip the green food. My bad. Caleb has a St. Pat's Day tshirt, Aarika has a bobble headband that says, "Let your" "Sham Rock!" on the antennae. I have a ginormous "Kiss me I'm Irish" button I wear on my lime green scrubs - my mom's got a little leprochaun in her thanks to her red-headed dad... *kissy lips*

    ReplyDelete