Thursday, May 14, 2009

It's FFF (Fabulous Fashion Friday)

Casual Summer Essentials!
Not that I know anything about this in the state I live in! Rain rain go AWAY! It has been such a blah week for me. Nothing exciting going on, energy drained, bomb of a mess house, children bored to tears that I get to entertain and a sun that won't show its face. For those of you who don't live in Washington you have no idea how lucky you are to see sun. Really! If you couldn't tell, this is the time of year when the weather really starts to take its toll on me. And, it will continue to be like this through June. No lie...it sucks! Anyway...

Who doesn't hip hip hooray for SUMMER months? Warm breezes, hot dogs & chips (I personally enjoy grilled dogs w/ relish, salt & vinegar chips and cherry limeade. I know, it will kill me), slip-n-slides, vacations, sitting outside and chatting about nothing with girlfriends, flip flops, denim with white T's, popsicles, summer camps, sun kissed skin, coconut oil scents (YUM) AND no traces of fleece, umbrellas, sweatshirts or ugg boots!

Sunglasses: The first item of discussion is sunglasses. A very important component to the summer wardrobe! I've been wanting a pair of aviators for the summer season. I found a pair I really like but I'll have to take out a second mortgage on my house to purchase them.:) So far I haven't been able to find a suitable cheapo version. Any suggestions?

Lobes: Hoop earrings. I think simple hoop earrings are so simply sexy for ANY summer outfit. I enjoy slightly oversized (1 1/2-2 in. diameter). If they're too small they'll match your mom jeans great and if they're too big, well, you might as well apply 2in. long neon green acrylic nails to match. (was that rude?) Suggestion: Buy a slightly nicer pair. The $5.99 ones at Claires are OK but when they turn your ear hole black I'll say I told you so! They'll look and wear much better for MUCH longer.

On Bottom: Boyfit or skinny cropped jeans. Again I have blogged about these before. Finally the much more affordable brands are catching on and you can find a super cool beat up aka "distressed" pair just about anywhere.

Up Top: The basic white T. I prefer just a basic fitted crew neck. V necks and scoops aren't generally my cup o tea but of course still cute! I like THESE and they can be found at the Rack all the time for around $7. THESE are super radical but at that price? Although, I'd rather pay that price once and have the perfect white T then buy 10 that look like crap and aren't comfy. In case you were wondering, no...I haven't ever spent that much on a T.


Toes: You deserve a good pedicure! Bright colors are never out of style. Check out this (pic left) glamour color from OPI. The girl next to me at the salon the other day was getting a shade close to this on her toes! Crazy fun color. Just don't get it on your nails? It will drive you nuts. Quiz question: Is it okay to have a different color of polish on your fingernails vs. your toes? YEP!



Dress Up: Summer dresses are so fun to wear. Princess Challenge: Throw on a casual dress and sassy sandals instead of your everyday denim shorts and Old Navy flip flops to the next playground playdate. Pair with a ponytail and your hoops and you'll look so put together. Showering not required!:D THIS dress is cute!

Protection: Let me be honest. I'm horrible with sun protection and I'm sure will regret it! (like tomorrow~wrinkles appearing fast and furious) However, I am getting better at protecting my face. I did just pick THIS up. Perfect for the purse! I don't believe in just throwing anything on my face {Zits vs. skin cancer..hmm} But...I guess something is better than nothing, right?

And last but certainly not least: GOOD TUNES! I'm working on a summer playlist for you. Coming to you in June!

SO...I think I better stop here for now. I keep getting side tracked finding things I want as I'm searching for items to post about. If I don't stop now I'll want to buy "something" out of my "virtual" shopping cart. I told you it's been a lame week. A new "something" from something.com would certainly be "something" I don't need. :D

Have a wonderful weekend princesses. Please pray for a little S&S (sanity and sunshine) my way!

Princess Pookie Question: What do you consider to be a summer essential? Humor me...answer the question you blog stalking non-comment leaving scardy cats! Kidding, I'm a blog stalker too!:D

4 comments:

  1. I bought 2 pairs of hoop earrings (gold and silver) from Lia Sophia and the silver pair has become my default earrings. I wear them probably twice as much as any other pair of earrings I have. They are the perfect size (2"), good quality AND the guarantee is awesome - if they break or look shabby or I just decide I don't like them anymore (ha!) I can return them and trade for something else. Also, there's no back to lose. :)

    If you like a coconutty summery scent w/o smelling totally like suntan lotion, go try Very Sexy Now by V.S. I bought some a few months ago and I LUUURVE it! :)

    My summer essential is slip-on sandals that are comfortable to walk for miles in. I just bought a pair of Dr. Martens off of ebay not 20 minutes ago. Yay! I can always slip them off and put on a trendy cute pair for little trips here or there, but I like comfy ones for most of the time.

    When I'm a geezer, will you help me pick out cute orthopedics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just picked up a pair of sunglasses at tjmax the other day. lots of good selection at good price. gotta love it. :) and I tried the other week and have been loving the aveno daily moisturizer (totally spelled that wrong-) and it's a sunblock as well. love it. my summer essentials include a book (or girlfriends) at the beach, with a lawn chair in a few inches of water, a raspberry lemonade and sun chips- or chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your FFF. I keep buying bright sunny things and say, well if the sun won't come out I will bring some into my home! But looks, it's a BEAUTIFUL weekend so your blog must have worked! I LOVE summer and hot weather and I love to go on Wednesday outings with my BFF and our kiddos. Its a summer thing we started last year and I just loved it. It was usually just a casual day to the beach or park with a picnic but days that I treasured. I hope we will be able to continue it this summer!!! I also love tea made by the sun, watermelon (only the sweet and juicy ones) and enjoying my backyard with friends over. Oh yeah and my Dylan being able to not wear shoes, it brings him such joy....

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's me again. I took a page out of Sarah's book and picked up a great pair of sunglasses at TJMaxx the other day, $7.50 for a $75 pair of sunglasses. Niiiice :) And while I was there, I picked up a black halter maxi-dress which caused me to *neeeed* to go buy a new bright watermelon-colored Downeast tee to go underneath. The dress is made out of t-shirt knit and it hits me at my ankles which means A) it feels like pajamas; B) I don't have to shave my legs; and C) it's black, long, and empire-waisted so it's very slimming. I'M-IN-LOVE-WITH-THIS-DRESS! I wore it to my kids' dance recital tonight and I got a few compliments on how put-together I looked. I may have to go back and buy the heather-grey one. :D

    ReplyDelete