Thursday, July 30, 2009

Just Peachy!

A little summer delight! About a year ago a good girlfriend invited us over for dinner (she's an incredible cook btw!) and served us this AMAZING dessert. Since it's peach season I thought I'd share it with you. My family can down the whole thing in one sitting. It truly is delightful! Enjoy!


Peach Buckle
(Recipe is slightly confusing the first time you make it.)
6 c. peaches-thickly sliced and peeled
1 T. lemon juice
1/2 c. sugar
1 T. cornstarch
Mix together above ingredients and put into a 2 quart casserole dish.

First Topping:
1 c. flour
1 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
In bowl, mix these ingredients. Then in second bowl, beat 4 T. softened butter and 1/3 c. sugar. Then beat in 1 large egg. On low, alternately beat in flour mixture and 1/4 c. milk.

Second Topping:
2 T. flour
2 T. packed brown sugar
1/4 t. cinnamon
1 T. butter
In a bowl, mix flour, sugar and cinnamon. Then rub in butter until crumbly. Spoon batter over filling. Top with brown sugar mixture. Bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 min. until bubbly and golden brown.

NOTE: This recipe seems much more complicated than it really is. It could be a little more clearly written. BUT, give it a try. I promise you won't regret it. It is soooo good!

Other random happenings:

Lucy leaves me presents all around the house at least 85 times a day. Clothes...sure, underwear too...I don't know? I'm pretty sure she'll need to go live with an auntie the day she turns 13!

My prince picked this up for me at Tiffany's the other day. How thoughtful of him. Alright, alright, I picked it up at the Rack for fifteen bucks! Bling bling ring ring...I love it!


Chirp~found this little "tray" of sunlight at IKEA. Cutie!

And, slowly but surely... Lucy's new room. Looks a bit like a cotton candy combo pack from the county fair. Thank you hubs for kicking it in gear and picking up MY slack. XOXO

It's FRIDAY...don't you love the sound of that?

P.S. The next time someone asks you how you're doing say, "Just peachy!". However, there is a degree of sarcasm to that statement no matter how seriously stated. Wouldn't you agree?:D

No comments:

Post a Comment