Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Check Out This Beauty


Monday morning at about 5am I found the gown of the century! Now princesses, this was no ordinary gown. It was a lovely shade of cornflower blue and had cute little bows racing up the back. To make it extra sexy it had the option of leaving some of the bows untied. My accessory of choice was the color of puke. These gowns really are one of a kind but if you're absolutely dying to get one, you can pick one up at Tacoma General hospital. You can keep it if you'd like but it will cost you around $8000.00 used! So I just recommend "borrowing" it. For an extra $350 they'll even throw in a nice surgery cap. Even though these gowns are absolutely gorgeous, the pain I had to go through to get one was certainly not worth it! Anyway...you might be wondering why on earth would I ever want to try one of these gowns on?! Well, I woke up Monday morning in some really ugly pain so Prince Charming rushed me the to ER. After about 3 hours and several barf bags later, Dr. McDreamy (I wish!) determined that I had a twisted ovary due to a heavy cyst. The best case scenario was to just remove the cyst and save the ovary. But, by the time I got to surgery the ovary had already decided to pass on to the other side. Since I've NEVER really had any health issues the thought of surgery freaked me out. But I made it and all the staff at TG were over-the-top amazing. So, here I am at home in my own bed. No sale shopping for me today! Here's to a quick recovery. I'm supposed to be going to the Holiday gift show this weekend--nice timing stupid ovary!

Special Delivery
This is why God made girlfriends!


New polka dot jammies (polka dots...my favorite!), gossip magazines, soup and bread. Now that's the perfect post surgery pick-me-up! Thanks a gazillion Cheri for thinking of me!

P.S. Also, Thank you everyone for all your offers of help and "thinking of you" phone calls! I'm very lucky to be surrounded by such great princesses!


4 comments:

  1. Jodi,
    Wow, to think that I'll be lucky enough to wear one of those hot gowns in just 6 weeks! I'm so sorry to hear about everything that happened, who would've thought? I hope that you're feeling better soon. If there is anything I can do for you, please just let me know, I'd be more than happy to pamper the fashion queen herself ;)
    Shana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you went straight to the ER....Good for you Princess! We will be praying for a speedy recovery! Of course Prince Charming will do all the cleaning and cooking -so you should just take advantage for a little while:) I'm so glad to hear the surgery went well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy canoli!!!! That's crazy. I'm glad you are okay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. who needs ovaries anyway?:) you can tell I just had baby boy #3 & am pretty sure we're done even though i'll never experience the joy of a daughter:) probably cheaper & less drama, eh? anyway, i'm seriously glad you're okay & that you could even appreciate the fashion of those lovely hospital gowns:) too bad when i stayed there, the power was out?!

    ReplyDelete