Sunday, November 2, 2008

Princess Pookie's Social Calendar

Our Two Martians
Thanks G-ma Schwendi for the fab costumes!

Of course I must start with the obvious-HALLOWEEN! As it pored buckets all day I had absolutely NO desire to go candy begging but Mother Nature must have known I was in need of a bonding moment with my children or something because by the time we went trick-or-treating the clouds parted and out popped a mini ray of sunshine. Where we live they you can go tricks and treatin' downtown in the "harbor". All the businesses and adorable homes along the main drag hand out candy to thousands of crazy people like us. As I sat back and observed this year, it kind of felt like we were in the scene of a movie. We live in the epitome of small town white-collared America (not that that's a bad thing) but I tell ya, you won't find any better/nicer people. Plus it's absolutely gorgeous...that is when it's not raining.:) Here's some pics of our adventure.


Kels helped his baby sister the whole way-almost. Good little prince.


Sea shells instead of candy- Clever! These came from one of my favorite antique shops downtown. The store is named "She Sells Sea Shells". Say that one 5 times fast.

And this is where we live. We love to come walk down here and watch the boats. See that yacht in the background? Yep, that's ours. I wish! Maybe someday.:) I'm not sure who Lucy is pulling that meany face to. That's her new thing these days. Not so princess like is it?!

How could I not take a pic of this guy (sorry, please don't sue me). And it wouldn't be Gig Harbor if the doggies weren't dressed up too. I'm pretty sure we are the only ones in this town that don't own a dog. That won't be changing anytime soon!

What did Princess Pookie dress up as? You'll just have to wait until tomorrow!

PART TWO...
What shopping bargains did I snag this weekend?
A) Target 50% off Halloween junk I probably didn't need.
B) JoAnn Fabrics 50% off more Halloween junk I know I didn't need .
C) This crazy little or actually not-so-little owl house decor. (pictured below)

Isn't she so ugly that she's cute? Love a good TJMaxx find. Lately I've had a strange obsession with owls. See...even my current favorite pair of lounge pants are sportin' an owl. Hoo...hoo!


This Weekends Featured Outfit Is...(drum roll please)

BARGAIN TIME! shirt=$7 (TJMaxx), skirt=$19.99 (Target), fancy hosiery=5.99 (Nordstrom-on sale of course) The accessories: heart necklace-I'll feature this dudette on a later post, black jewels=12.99 (Nordstrom Rack) boots=umm..probably around $80 bucks and they are NOT comfortable! (Nordstrom-1/2 yearly sale) Minus the boots not too pricey eh?! I look so stupid posing in this pic. Don't mind me.
...The End
What a great way to end the weekend. A little Halloween candy treat and a game of Connect Four. My son kicks my butt every time...for real! I suck at this game.
P.S. I liked the outfit I wore Saturday (not so dressy) but I was too lazy to take a pic.-sorry!

P.S.S. My follow up doc appt. is tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Homework: Wear TWO necklaces instead of one. Two is always better than one right? Hip hip hooray for chunky accessories. Love em!

3 comments:

  1. This blog makes me SMILE!! Really, I love it!

    I love the tights... can't bring myself to say "hosiery"...wait I just did! They are super fance.

    The kids are darling as usual... how sweet the K helped Lulu. I'm all for the sibling love.

    Good luck tomorrow!! Everything will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's the cub scout leader?
    I want to see the famous, I mean infamous wig!!!!!!!!! :) I missed seeing your house decorated for Halloween......I love your decorations for this time of year and all year round as well:)

    ReplyDelete