Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Lovely Little Lulu Part II

Just Breath! What is it with girls and the drama? My son NEVER did anything like this. I should start making her pay me every time she flops down on the floor and acts like the world is coming to an end. Poor picked on child!

However...SUCCESS!
When we were in Portland we went into the Disney store and Lucy fell in LOVE with this dress. Sparkles, princess, ruffles, poofy pinkness~of course she loved it! So, I came up with a grand idea and made a deal with her. (Not a bribe, a deal!:D) I told her I would buy the Belle dress for her but she couldn't have it until she went pooh pooh in the potty FIVE times. Let me repeat. She couldn't have the Belle dress until she pooped FIVE times in the toilet! She eagerly agreed, of course, because she was walking out of that store with a beautiful new dress.

Once we got back to hotel she immediately wanted to try it on~can you blame her? I agreed to ONE catwalk trial then back in the bag it went. Once we got home I placed it high (so I thought) on a shelf in her closet, made a pooh pooh tracking chart (apparently I've got nothing better to do with my time) and next we waited. Waited until she jimmy rigged rubbermaids to boost herself high enough to reach the dang dress! I don't know how long she had it on (she was hiding in her room) but she knew she was in trouble when she got caught. I threatened to put the dress in the garbage, that devastated her (bad mommy) but after a minor renegotiation and FIVE poops, she earned her dream dress! Good job Lulu...we're so proud of you.

Princess Pookie Question: How many times have you clapped for pooh pooh?:D

I am so beautiful in my new Belle dress.

I told her to "strike a pose" and this is what she came up with.

What's next? The Snow White dress patiently awaits its debut! I don't care...it's worth EVERY penny! However, hopefully by poop number 10 she'll have it down. If not, Sleeping Beauty where are you?

6 comments:

  1. Aarika has a gorgeous Cinderella gown with beading on the bodice made custom for her by a wedding dress designer we knew in the Philippines. Poor kid doesn't fit into it anymore...

    I lost count over poo poo in the potty. But we have special circumstances, and every poo is a celebration.

    Oh... and for the record, slash "bribe" from your vocab. and start using "positive reinforcement". It's the PC term. ;) Hey... I work for positive reinforcement. Every time I clock in at work, I'm getting positive reinforcement for a job well done so I have NO issues with positive reinforcements for my kids. It's part of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just clapped for poo poo now! Isn't it crazy and sort of so sad how happy poo in the potty makes us. LOL She cracks me up! And for the record I wanted to call you in person but didn't so at least you know about Dylan and he is fine and you're not allowed to break up with me so there....

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just did the "poopy dance" here at my house. Jacob loves looking at it once it's in the toilet and telling me if it's a daddy poop or a baby poop. Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. I hope that she continues the pooping not the tantrums :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!!!!!!!!

    Every naughty little thing Ellee is doing right now, Jackson NEVER did....unless I completely blocked it from my memory bank!!!!

    Maybe we're NOT crazy if we are both experiencing it!

    I don't know if you remember any of our shopping trips together, but Jackson was always a dream to take shopping...Ellee NOT.SO.MUCH! She doesn't stay in the cart front or back and pretty much screams and cries the entire time-I was in and out of TJ MAXX in under 10 min. Target under 5 and Fred Meyer about 12 (because I went in the toy isles) SERIOUSLY!

    I really hope it gets easier, but from the sounds of it 3 is harder than 2? Wonderful!

    Save the princess dresses for hand me downs for Ellee Belly :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. way to find something that works for her! yeah for making "deals" if only these drama queen girls could find a less-expensive deal making object :)

    ReplyDelete